Tuesday, May 1, 2007

How do you spell slacker? A-L-I-A-S





It's been a while since my last post. I blame Jennifer Garner. I just discovered Alias, only 6 years late. Thanks to Netflix and...other...sources, I've been burning through them like it's going out of style. Wait- can you do something "like it's going out of style" if it already went out of style? It's too soon for my Alias obsession to have retro or ironic coolness. I'm simply behind. That's okay; at the rate I'm going, it won't be long before I'm out of Aliases to cut into my reading pile.

I'm thinking of inventing an Alias drinking game. Or jelly bean eating game, whatever. I'm sure someone has already done this, but I've avoided a Google search to keep my ideas pure. Here's a sneak peek:

1 Drink when Sydney's (Jennifer Garner's) hair is a color other than brown
2 Drinks when it's a flourescent or neon shade
1 Drink when the bad guy keeps his secret lair in the back room of an ultra-hip night club
1 Drink when anyone says "let's go".
1 Drink when Syd speaks a language other than English
2 Drinks if she speaks two or more other languages in one episode
1 Drink when Marshall digresses into a random story during a mission briefing
1 Drink when Marshall's co-workers interrupt his digressions by saying, "Marshall!"
3 Drinks if Marshall ever gets through a briefing without digressing
1 Drink for every meaningful, romantic tension-filled look between Sydney and Vaughn
1 Drink when Jack Bristow responds to a direct question or statement by simply staring
3 Drinks if Jack demonstrably smiles
1 Drink for every new Rambaldi device or manuscript that's introduced
2 Drinks when said devices or manuscripts are assembled into a powerful and mysterious uber-device
3 Drinks when said uber-device causes a gi-normous red ball of water to hover for no apparent reason

You get the idea. Any additions?

2 comments:

Andrew said...

1 drink when anyone comes back from the dead.

2 drinks when you think Sloane does something you think is bad and turns out to be good

2 drinks when Sloane does something you think is good that turns out to be bad

Wow, you could go on all day with this! Joy and I are almost to the end of the series and are torn between rationing ourselves and wanting to see how it all turns out.

alicia said...

I chose the darker path of binging on the end of Season 5. Just finished tonight. Not bad at all.