Thursday, May 10, 2007

because "Senior Wrangler sauce" doesn't fit on a paint chip

I discovered this week that home ownership translates almost instantly into trips to Home Depot, and today it paid off. My mom, our friend Barb, and I tackled the walls of my condo, and I am quite happy with the results so far. [note: we didn't literally tackle the walls, or we'd be all sticky and orange now.] This photo is a little shady, but it captures the color pretty decently:


The darker shade in the living room is "Amber Wave" (just one), and the lighter kitchen color is "Brandy Butter," which I only recently realized is an actual holiday-related substance, not just the brain child of the fine folks in the marketing department at Behr Paint. Alternative names for the edible, non-acrylic-based version include "Senior Wrangler sauce," care of Cambridge, and thanks to a Euro-urban legend, "brandy spreadable fat." Mmmm. I love Wikipedia. And I think Behr missed out on a real winner of a name.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooo congratulations on your new place! You're all grown up now or something, with your own mortgage and all that. More pictures please!