Sunday, May 27, 2007

what are you, eight?

For anyone who knew me in the ca. 1985-1999 era and visited my house, you know about the kick-a$$ bunk bed my dad built for me in third grade, which I insisted on using throughout high school and, during school holidays, throughout college as well. When I left the state for grad school, my parents took the opportunity to dismantle the bunk bed, marking the end of an era. Well, consider this the Great 21st-Century Bunk Bed Renaissance, because it's back:

I got back a fixture of my childhood, and my parents got back a good chunk of storage space in their garage; everybody's happy. I thought about putting a desk in the underneath area by the white chair, but I think I'll make it into a reading cubby with cushy floor seating instead. Are you jealous yet? Despair not, friends, because you're looking at the guest bed. Come on over! (Aerobed available for the faint of heart, faint of heights, or notably tall among you.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! That's really cool, I've always liked that bunkbed. :)

shayna said...

that is the COOLEST bunk bed i've ever seen in my LIFE! i'm soooo jealous!