Friday, May 25, 2007

the ankle monitor comes off at last!


There's still some paperwork to sign, but I have now passed my probation! I bet you didn't know I was on probation. If you're wondering what my offense was, it involved getting hired by Hennepin County Library. Apparently, the County considers getting hired by itself something worthy of punitive measures.

Okay, so maybe my probation was in the probatio, "testing time" sense of the word. But since my library shares a building with the district courts, I couldn't help but wonder if maybe I would show up to work one Saturday morning, someone down the hall would hear that I was still on probation, and I'd get press-ganged into wearing a reflective vest and picking up trash all day. Well, no more living in fear! And better yet, no more curfews and keeping my nose clean! It's back to my old, degenerate self now. Or not.

I may officially and fully work for The Man now, but don't worry: I'm keepin' it real.

No comments: