Sunday, May 6, 2007

Welcome to 2037!

At high noon on Friday, I discovered a time machine. I activated this vision of my future by merely signing my name 29 times, and just like that I owned a home and a 30-year mortgage. Not that I really plan on living in this condo for 30 years, but in one of endless possible worlds, I will be 60 years old and finally full owner of my 780 square feet.

There were a couple weeks between when I paid off my student loan and when I closed on my new home. In those weeks, I was debt-free for the first time since college, and the last time until, well, 2037. Those were some great weeks. That said, I really like my new place. Now if I can just find the time to paint and move in...

2 comments:

pepper said...

congratulations!!!!! that means you are having a housewarming party right? :)

alicia said...

But of course there will warming of the house. Details to follow once I figure out when I'll actually start living there.