Wednesday, January 30, 2008

yuppies getting younger all the time

fAs I was out in the library trenches this morning, looking after my beloved graphic novel section, I heard a particularly obnoxious phone ringer. It kept going and going, so I went to find the source and educate them in the ways of library cell phone rules. I stepped around a pillar and there was the culprit: a four-year-old with a Spongebob Squarepants play cell phone. I was prepared to give the phone spiel, or the noisy game/toy spiel, but somehow the combination of the two left me momentarily speechless. Once I recovered, I went with the Sesame Street-ified version of the cell phone policy. I felt pretty stupid, though. Even though the parents are the ones who should have felt stupid. I mean, really- who brings their child's noisiest possible toy to the library? At least she didn't give me some line about being in the middle of an important business call with Squidward.

1 comment:

Lena said...

maybe they were conferencing in Nemo and Dori from down under...