Friday, October 19, 2007

one third of my allotted time

This is getting to be old news now, but once again I've been hobbled by lack of visuals. Last Tuesday my library system and my local NBC affiliate were brave/foolhardy enough to put me on live daytime TV for 5 minutes to talk about Teen Read Month and show off a handful of books. It was on Showcase Minnesota, the local show you end up watching if you don't bother changing the channel for the hour between the Today Show and Today Show: Hour 4 (sounds like a hostage situation to me). Here's the blurb on their website; don't skim, you'll miss it.

Besides taking an amount of time and energy to prepare which seems out of balance with the shortness of the actual airtime, I had a lot of fun. Got to see the studio, experience the behind-the-scenes world of local (but big market) TV, and schmoozed with the stars. Okay, I sat in the green room with a slightly cantankerous salon entrepreneur named Rocco, but that's enough Tuesday morning excitement for me.

Until I manage to get a YouTube-compatible file in my hands, here's a link to the clip that a friend kindly recorded for me. Thanks, Winston!

Showcase Minnesota- 9 October 2007- Teen Read Month segment

1 comment:

shayna said...

Hey nice job with the TV segment. You are the local celeb now :) Some of those books look really good and I'll have to check them out. Even though I'm not a teen.
Thank goodness.