Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Mr. Ed's Choice Award

I think I found the stickiest peanut butter in the world. It's Trader Joe's Organic Creamy Peanut Butter. If my camera worked, I'd show you (grrr....). For a brief, exhilarating, terrifying moment, I truly feared for the future of my mouth as a functional, multi-part mechanism capable of chewing, rather than a gooey mass of connected tissue. I feel I can safely make this a world-wide distinction. I don't do a lot of flag-waving, but anyone who's tried to find peanut butter abroad knows that what the rest of the world knows about making pb could fit in one tiny jar, a jar filled with a grainy, strangely mis-flavored mockery of the real thing.

What makes this particular brand so sticky? I don't know! It only has the usual natural peanut butter ingredients of peanuts and salt. They do make a big deal about using Valencia peanuts. Is that region of California known for its adhesive qualities?

Anyone can make an animal talk on screen; if you want it to talk in slow motion, look no further. If there are other kinds that belong in the Sticky Hall of Fame, speak up! Inquiring pb lovers want to know.

2 comments:

shayna said...

I totally agree! It's crazy good stuff.

Lena said...

your cartoon totally made my day! it now has a prime space in my cubicle. do you remember that commercial where the guy had to answer a phone-in question about Aaron Burr and he couldn't because he had a mouthful of PB? It's the little things that make life so amusing...