Thursday, August 23, 2007

turning over & heading north

On my way home from work tonight, my dear Subaru reached a milestone:

Many happy, reliable returns, loyal friend!

I'll be packing on even more miles tomorrow, when I head for the North Shore for a much-needed backpacking excursion along the Superior Hiking Trail. Nothing too intense or long, maybe 20 miles total, but in the woods and just the thing to unwind from a busy busy summer.

The meteorological community at large seems to agree that it will be beautiful, near perfect weather this weekend. Hooray! But even if it rains for 72 hours straight, I still intend to enjoy myself. Photos to come...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woo! Congrats. I'd forgotten you have a Subaru now. And hooray, so do I, purchased used in February. So far so great!
Random thought: Know anything about linguistics? Do I want to study it for a Masters? :P