Wednesday, August 1, 2007

me and mine are fine

I didn't have my TV or radio on after work today. I found out about the collapse of the 35W bridge (see news sites) through a text from a friend, then another text as a friend told me she was okay, then from a call from a friend in Olympia, who was watching TV and heard about it before I did. Me and my family are all fine. Please keep the missing, injured, dead, and their families in your prayers as the recovery efforts continue. This was a major thoroughfare, and getting back to normal will literally take years.

As it happens, I was on my way to church for a meeting, but it was the perfect place to be. We were able to pray and intercede together, and what else can we really do besides watch the same news clips over and over again?

2 comments:

Taliesin said...

We're glad to hear you're all okay. It's just such a terrible and freak accident...

Lena said...

My mother nearly had a coronary because I was in the library with my cell phone on silent. She had no way of knowing that I take the Hennepin Ave bridge to and from work every day.

I know what you mean about watching the same clips over and over. How much really changes from hour to hour? it will take them months to get actual answers.