Thursday, April 5, 2007

a pretty place to ramble

On the off-chance that any of the people I know (or some that I don't) are interested in what's going on in my often-ordinary life on a semi-regular basis, here it is. My new blog.

Here are the basics: I moved back to Minnesota after several great years in Olympia, Washington. I was engaged when I got here in July, by September I wasn't, but that's a can of worms I won't squish through right now. Maybe later.

Now I'm a Teen Services Librarian in the Hennepin County Library System. I also work part-time at REI. I live with my sister, brother-in-law, and little one-year-old niece. My blossoming career as the nutty maiden aunt living upstairs will be cut short in June when I move into my new condo. Home ownership: walls to paint, furniture to buy/borrow/scrounge, hootenaneys to host, and a mortgage to call my very own. All mine. And my dog's, but she's not much use in the painting and payment department.

So there it is. Let the ramblings continue.

In my CD player:
The Flaming Lips- Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots (thanks, Clemens)


On my iPod:
audio book: The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak


In my hand
:
Blue Noon (The Midnighters, Book 3) by Scott Westerfeld


On my screen:
Alias, Season 1 (better late than never)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So perhaps I'll comment on your first post, since I'm not sure where to begin. I figured I'd make a blogger journal so I can comment here. ;) To help you figure out who I am: you were a lot closer to me when you lived in Olympia; now that you've moved back to the Cities I think I'm a touch jealous that you've moved home. I miss it sometimes.

~K