Wednesday, November 7, 2007

arming the primates

I was out in my car a couple days ago when I ended up behind this guy:




Yes, Mom, the car was safely stopped at a light when I took this picture.

In case you can't read that plate (I've been reduced to using my camera phone), it says "CHMPGN". Despite the fact that I lived in the city of Champaign for nigh on 3 years, this was not the first word that came to mind. Rather, I thought, "CHIMP GUN? What's that supposed to mean?" Other options might include CHAMP GONE, for a veiled Simon & Garfunkel, "where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio" kind of reference, or maybe CHOMP GOON. Or CHUMP GIN. In any case, putting an alcoholic beverage on your license plate seems like a gutsy move. It reminds me of a guy on the "Before We Go" blurb on the local news a few years back who used his initials: DWI. Of course, if the owner of this car gets pulled over, they could always claim it says CHIMP GUN. Because that's a much less conspicuous thing to say.

1 comment:

shayna said...

You're hilarious and i love that you're watching Arrested Development. My favorite show!