Sunday, December 9, 2007

new ways to ROCK!

Knowing my Guitar Hero addiction like he does (actually, he started it), my cousin invited me over last night to play with his newest toy, Rock Band. Boy, does it ever- rock, I mean. Fun fun fun! It was 7:30 p.m., then it was instantly 9:00, and next thing I knew it was 2:30 a.m. Dangerous to have around, actually, if anything else needs to get done. I was trying out the drums for most of the time, and I can see how a person could actually get better at drum set playing this game. I've always had trouble with the whole foot pedal coordination element when I've messed around on other people's drum sets, but by the end of the night, I actually felt marginally improved. Sorry there are no visuals, but I was having too much fun and didn't think to capture the moment.

We covered guitar and drums, but there's also room on stage for a bass player and a singer. How fun would that be? Here's a screen shot:


When you create your character, you choose everything from their physical build to their clothing look to their hair and tattoos- you can even design the tats and face paint yourself if you want. After all, what's an up-and-coming rock band without a Look? Can you see how 8 hours of my life just sort of disappeared?

1 comment:

J. said...

Drumming isn't as easy as it seems. It's not just hitting things with sticks as hard as you can....people forget that you are the heartbeat of the band. You can use my practice pad and a pair of sticks to prepare for your next round of Rock Band.